Beth Willingham is a long time performance competitor and a canine behavior specialist. She has titled dogs in Obedience, Agility and Conformation. She has also created training curriculums and training products for dog training organizations across the county. Two of these training products, Proofing Against all Temptation Training Cards, and 101 Things To Do with Contact Obstacles Training Cards are available at Clean Run. Beth also presents seminars across the county, and more recently, she has set up a program to train service dogs.
Dee Cato is a veteran obedience competitor and breeder. She has titled dogs in Obedience, Agility and Conformation. Her detail oriented training style, as well as her understanding of how structure affects performances, allows her to maximize the strengths of a dog/handler team while reducing their weaknesses. She also believes that a great attitude from the dog is essential in competition obedience, and she therefore trains for that enjoyment and excitement in the ring. She is talented at finding ways to fit various training methods to what the team needs, since she knows that one method does not fit everyone. Further, her many years of experience have honed her communication skills with both dogs and with their handlers.
Please read the information below to find out more about what will be offered.
- To hold your spot, please
- Checks should be made out to OCC and mailed to
711 Signal Mountain Rd., #167
Chattanooga, TN 307405
- If you have any questions, you may or you can call at 423-709-8126.
|Name||Instructor||Cost||Dates||Day of Week||Time|
|Agility: Masters||Beth Willingham||Pre-Pay:$30.00, Regular:$35.00||July 25, Aug 15, Sept 5, Oct 10||Friday||7:30pm-9:30pm|
|Agility: Open||Beth Willingham||Pre-Pay:$30.00, Regular:$35.00||July 26, Aug 16, Sept 6, Oct 11||Saturday||8:00am-9:30pm|
|Agility: Novice||Beth Willingham||Pre-Pay:$30.00, Regular:$35.00||July 26, Aug 16, Sept 6, Oct 11||Saturday||10:00am-11:30pm|
|Obedience: Heeling Solutions||Dee Cato||Pre-Pay:$30.00, Regular:$35.00||July 26, Aug 16, Sept 6, Oct 11||Saturday||1:30pm-2:30pm|
|Obedience: Beyond Basics||Dee Cato||Pre-Pay:$30.00, Regular:$35.00||July 26, Aug 16, Sept 6, Oct 11||Saturday||3:00pm-4:30pm|
- Agility Novice
- Pre-requisite is at least one previous agility class or permission from the instructor. Dogs must be able to work in close proximity with other dogs. Appropriate for dogs and their handlers who are working at the Novice/Open level as well as advanced dogs and handler teams working specific issues, proofing or lateral distance. Dogs may work on lead in this class but should be working toward off lead training. Foundations are essential to success in anything you do. In this class, we will focus on developing independent obstacle execution with contact obstacles, weave poles, jumps and tunnels. Sequences and short courses will be introduced
- Agility Open
- Prerequisites: Dogs in this class should be ready to trial or already trialing in Novice or Open. Emphasis will be placed on mastery of more challenging sequences including all types of crosses, difficult weave pole entries, and discriminations.
- Prerequisites: Participants must be working at the Masters level.This class will challenge you to be the best that you can be. Complex sequences will push your analysis and handling skills beyond your typical training. Teams must be working at the Masters Level.
- Obedience Heeling Solutions
- Heeling is the one skill required in all levels of Rally and Competition Obedience. More points are lost on heeling exercises than all other exercises combined. Attention and attitude will be key componts taught as this class focuses on the foundations for exceptional heeling including turns, changes of pace, and halts on and off lead. whether you are a beginner with one obedience class under your belt or working toward an OTCH, this class is a must if your want to improve your skills.
- Obedience Beyond Basics: Preparing for Excellence in the Advanced Classes
- This class will concentrate on developing the foundation skills for excellence in the retrieve, fronts, finishes, jumping (broad, panel, and bar), drop on recall and stay exercises. Participants in this class are requested to bring a list of their strengths and weakneses.
Lunch from 11:30 to 1:00
In case of inclement weather (too hot or storming) agility classes will meet inside the air-conditioned OCC training building for handler skills.
Obedience classes are inside the air conditioned OCC Training Building.