Who We Are
The Obedience Club of Chattanooga is a non-profit organization offering affordable training classes to the public. Advanced classes are also offered for the serious performance dog competitor.
Class registration is now available online (click here).
Starting in September 2014, we will require all non-Full Members to pay an annual $5 Student Membership fee. This is to comply with IRS requirements that 501C7 Services are offered to members only. Thank you for your understanding.
Check out our new agility classes for fun and exercise and also our new Therapy Dog class!
Sign up for classes with the OCC!
Sign ups are now online only.If you have questions, please contact Susan Millican, Training Director, at 423.401.8916.
We'll be offering:
- New agility classes for fun and exercise. In FUN CIRCLES you'll be doing tunnels, hoops, jumps, tire, chute, and beginner weaves. The next class, FUN CONTACTS, will include the A-frame, dog walk, teeter, and table as well as obstacles from Fun Circles. In FUN COURSES, you'll be doing easy, short courses using all the obstacles.
- Therapy Dog class. This class prepares those dogs at least one year of age to be evaluated for the TDI test. TDI charges $12 for the test and $40 to register after passing the test. The Obedience Club of Chattanooga charges $10 for non members who are not in the therapy dog class.
- AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program. A new program from the American Kennel Club that is designed to get new puppy owners and their puppies off to a great start by socializing (S) your puppy with other puppies, by training (T) you how to best communicate with your puppy, by teaching you about the amount of exercise and activity (A) your puppy needs, and by teaching you how to be a responsible (R) puppy owner. After completing our AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy class and passing the 20-step AKC S.T.A.R. puppy test, you will receive from AKC an AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Certificate, an AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Medal, a spot in the official AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy records, an AKC Puppy Handbook, and a monthly email newsletter.
- Obedience classes for puppies (just like kids, puppies have to be taught manners)
- Obedience classes for dogs (you can teach old dogs new tricks)
- Agility classes for dogs (great activity you and your dogs look forward to--especially good for herding breeds and dogs who have endless energy)
- AKC Canine good citizen. An American Kennel Club certification program that is fun, useful, and creates a stronger bond between you and your dog. It trains your dog to act mannerly at home, in public places, and with other dogs.
Our training building is heated and air conditioned. It is located at: